Movies On Bannerman Island To Present The Wizard Of Oz
Movies on Bannerman will continue in 2019 and details on the lineup have begun to roll out. On Friday, July 5th you'll be able to view the classic film The Wizard of Oz on an island in the middle of the Hudson River. The experience includes a tour of the island and the tour sets off and returns to Beacon.
Wizard of Oz was released in 1939 and is based on a book by author L. Frank Baum. Starring Judy Garland as Dorothy, it is widely considered to be one of the best movies of all time.
Remember when syncing Pink Floyd to Wizard of Oz was a thing?
What other movies would you like to see on Bannerman Island? And yes, an encore performance of Bill & Ted's Excellent adventure sounds like a terrific idea.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate