New York School Buses May Video You Passing Them
We can't stand that jerk who flies by a school bus when it is stopped. This may be a way to permanently stop them.
Despite there being a hefty fine, we still see those drivers who blow by stopped school buses that are dropping kids off or picking them up. According to My Tickets NYC, passing a school bus can result In New York in a $250-$400 fine, five points on a license and a possibility of 30 days in jail.
According to Syracuse.com, the New York State Assembly just agreed to have cameras attached to school bus stop signs. Statistics show that with all of the drivers who pass a school bus per day in New York the tickets will pay for having the cameras installed.
Currently, a driver can only receive a punishment based on a witness's account.
Would a camera help stop drivers that are in a hurry?
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate