New York State Man Charged With Death of 20 Cows
WKTV is reporting that a New York state farmer has been charged after twenty cows were found dead on his property. The Otsego County Sheriff said the animals were found decomposing inside the man's barn in the town of Maryland, New York.
WKTV is reporting that the man is facing six counts of over driving, torturing and injuring animals, as well as failure to provide proper sustenance.There aren't too many other details so far, aside from that one of the cows found still alive had to be euthanized. WKTV says that the euthanized cow had just given birth.
An investigation is pending. The remaining cattle were taken by other area farmer's for safe keeping until authorities finish conducting their investigation.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate