Newburgh Cafe Vandalized, Young Man Steps Forward
What started as an unfortunate vandalism situation turned into a happy ending.
Earlier this week the Shelter House Cafe in Newburgh shared surveillance video from outside of their local business near Downing Park. The video showed a group of young boys walking on to the Shelter House Cafe patio, taking a chair and then throwing it into the pond.
The video has since been taken down. However, we reached out to the Shelter House Cafe owner, Stephen Sinnott, after the incident. He said "The young man and his family stepped forward and look forward towards working together in beautifying our community."
Sinnott shared the photo of their meeting on Instagram, which you can see below:
The Shelter House Cafe is opened Wednesday through Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm and Sunday for Brunch from 9 am until 3 pm.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate