Newburgh City Hall Up For Sale
A prominent building in the heart of Newburgh is up for sale. The purchase of City Hall, located at 83 Broadway could be a huge opportunity for investment in the Hudson Valley's future.
Newburgh has released an RFP (request for proposal) on the property in hopes of getting the building back on the tax rolls. They are seeking someone who's willing to rehab the property while maintaining the classic character both inside and out.
Originally built in 1882 to house a sleigh and carriage business, the building was taken over by local government in 1893. Much work is needed to bring things up to code including issues with structural support and asbestos.
The 17,700 square foot building has an assessed value of around $1.3 million and officials feel it could be a great fit to be redesigned as a boutique hotel. The City Council will need to approve of the proposal and they reserve the right to reject anything deemed not in the best interest of Newburgh.
Anyone interested in submitting has until November 15th to do so and can be sent to the Office of the Comptroller at City Hall.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America