NY Man Gets Rattled While Attempting to Jump Start Car
A New York man was attempting to jump start his vehicle when he made a shocking discovery.
According to the DEC, on June 11, 2018 Lt. Nate Ver Hague and ECO Mark Vencak responded to a report of a rattlesnake resting on an engine block in the Town of Hancock in Delaware County.
The complaintant told the DEC he had opened the hood of his car to jump start it, when he heard the distinctive rattle of the snake. He backed away and saw the large rattlesnake resting in the center of the engine block.
Disturbed, the snake slithered over to the battery and curled up there. The officer confirmed that the snake was a timber rattlesnake seeking shelter.
Officers removed the snake from the engine and released it nearby, next to some large boulders.
The timber rattlesnake is the largest venomous snake in New York.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate