One Seriously Injured in I-84 Crash, Police Say
On July 17, 2019, the New York State Police investigated a serious motor vehicle crash on Interstate 84 at approximately 10:26 a.m., in the town of Southeast.
Preliminary investigation suggests a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo operated by Bubacarr Dukureh, age 55, of Bronx, N.Y., was traveling westbound on Interstate 84 near mile marker 66, between exits 19 and 20, and was either stopped or coming to a stop in the lane.
The Rodeo was then struck in the rear by a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 van, operated by Christopher J. Saas, age 50, of Patterson, N.Y.
Both operators were transported by emergency medical services to Danbury hospital. Dukureh is currently being treated for serious injuries, and Saas sustained non-life threatening injuries.
The westbound lanes were closed for over an hour due to the collision with traffic moving slowly on the shoulder.
This investigation remains on-going
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate