Pennsylvania Man Named Stiff Stiffs the State Over $100K On Tolls
None of us like tolls, but one Pennsylvania man took toll evasion to a whole new level. Some say he really stiffed them.
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that a 36-year-old man named Jarrett Stiff skipped paying tolls on the Pennsylvania Turnpike 2,264 times from 2012 to 2017. Yeah, he stiffed them hard.
The Associated Press says Stiff has almost $128,000 in unpaid tolls and subsequent fines. Stiff avoided getting fully stiffed by the system himself, by pleading guilty in April to theft of services, and was ordered to pay over $11,500, which is a little better than $128,000.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate