Police: 3 Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors
Three businesses in the Hudson Valley are accused of selling alcohol to minors, while 15 refused.
On Friday, the Saugerties Police Detective Division conducted an underage alcohol operation, where underage people were sent into local businesses that sell alcohol in an attempt to purchase beer or wine.
In total 18 businesses were tested. 15 refused to sell alcohol to a minor. However, three locations failed to properly identify the purchaser's ages, selling alcohol to those under the age of 21, police say.
According to the Saugerties Police Detective Division, the following businesses sold alcohol to a minor.
- The Sticks, West Saugerties Road.
- Sunoco Station on State Route 32.
- Beer II Store on State Route 9W.
The Saugerties Police Department says the following locations for denied the purchase of alcohol to the minors:
1. Big Belly Deli – State Route 32
2. N&N Mobil (Hilltop) – State Route 32
3. Mountain View Market – Blue Mountain Road
4. Speedway – Route 212
5. Stewart’s Shop – Route 212
6. Town & Country Liquors – Route 212
7. Mobil – Route 212
8. Beer Universe – Ulster Avenue
9. Lucky’s Sunoco – Ulster Avenue
10. Speedymart – Main Street
11. Stewart’s Shop – Main Street
12. Windmill Wines – Partition Street
13. Sam’s Food Mart – Route 9W
14. Maloney’s Wine and Liquor – Route 9W
15. Sunoco – Route 9W
- Couple Says They Were Racially Profiled at Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man is 200th FDNY To Die of 9/11-Related Illness
- Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Kid's Hangout Spot
- Child Dies While Attending School in Hudson Valley
- You Might Be Able to Stop a Hudson Valley Restaurant From Closing
- Popular New Hudson Valley Restaurant May Be Forced to Shut Down
- Hudson Valley Woman Makes Global News After Finding 'Doorknob' in Food
- Missing Hudson Valley Swimmer Found Dead