Police Investigating 47-Year-Old Hudson Valley Cold Case Murder
Police are hoping for help as they continue to investigate the nearly 50-year-old murder of a Hudson Valley woman.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau is seeking information regarding the 1970 homicide of 20-year-old Alice Susan Vrablic of Wappinger.
During the summer of 1970, the Ketcham High School graduate worked as a waitress at Howard Johnson’s on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie. She was planning on returning to France to study art at the end of the summer.
On the night of August 22, 1970, she left work and was given a ride to the intersection of New Hackensack Road and Route 9 in the Village of Wappingers Falls.
Ten days later, her body was found a short distance from her residence.
Sheriff’s Office Detectives are actively investigating Alice’s death, and anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Kate Capalbo at (845) 486-3820 or email@example.com. The Sheriff’s Office can also be contacted through the tipline at (845) 605 - CLUE (2583) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and all information will be kept confidential.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed When Truck Rolls Over Him
- One Killed In Propane Truck vs. Vehicle Crash in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley High School Teacher Dies on New Year's Day
- Popular Hudson Valley Diner Damaged in New Year's Fire
- Hudson Valley Teacher Dies
- Poughkeepsie Galleria Evacuated
- Woman Charged With Sex Trafficking Teen in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Wants to Rename Stewart Airport
Check out the Top 5 stories of 2017 from Hudson Valley Post.