Police: Dog Starves to Death, Owner Charged
Following a complaint from a veterinary hospital a Poughkeepsie woman was arrested for animal abuse.
On May, 9, 2018, troopers received a complaint from a veterinary hospital in the Town of Lagrange, N.Y. regarding possible animal abuse.
The troopers investigation along with the findings from the veterinary doctor's findings determined that a pitbull died due to lack of sustenance for an extended period of time.
The owner of the dog, Erica L. Feliciano, age 31, of Poughkeepsie, was arrested for Section 353 of the Agriculture and Markets Law, Overdriving, Torturing, and Injuring Animals; Failure to Provide Proper Sustenance.
Feliciano was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of LaGrange Court later this month.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie