Police: Hudson Valley Home Care Aide Stole From Elderly
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of stealing over $6,000 from an elderly woman she cared for.
On Monday, the Town of Lloyd Police Department announced the arrest of 46-year-old Sonya R. Cooper of Poughkeepsie.
Cooper is accused of forging and cashing checks in access of over $6,000 from an 82-year-old Highland woman over the course of 6 months while she was employed as her home care aide, police say.
Cooper was arrested on Friday and charged with third-degree grand larceny and second-degree forgery, both felonies. She was arraigned in Town of Lloyd Court and released. She's due back in the Town of Lloyd Court on Oct. 18.
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Really Did See Snow Last Weekend
- Could Creepy Clown Sightings Return to the Hudson Valley?
- Multiple Hudson Valley Stores Closing, Many Likely Laid Off
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
- Shoppers at Popular Hudson Valley Retailer Exposed to Measles
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, College
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder, 25-Year-Old Found Dead
- Bear Leads Police on Wild Chase in Hudson Valley