Police: Hudson Valley Man Stole $8,000 From Lowe’s
A Hudson Valley man is in jail without bail over allegations he stole over $8,000 worth of merchandise from a local Lowe's.
John E. Steinard, 63, of Plattekill was arrested on Monday for third-degree grand larceny. He was arrested after police investigated missing copper piping from the Lowe's in Highland.
Steinard is accused of stealing approximately $8,000 in copper piping from Lowe's over the course of several weeks in July.
Steinard was arraigned in Town of Lloyd Court and he was remanded to the Ulster County Jail without bail. He is due back in the Town of Lloyd Court on August 16, 2018.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Cafe Sold
- Tick Carrying Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Returns to Hudson Valley
- Train With Radioactive Content Derails Into New York River
- Hudson Valley ‘Kayak Killer’ to Receive Fiance's Life Insurance
- Rabid Fox Found in Hudson Valley
- Child of Fallen Hudson Valley Firefighter Awarded Scholarship
- Missing Hudson Valley Teen Found Dead
- Months Before Wedding Central Hudson Employee Killed at Work
- Hudson Valley Man Involved in Fatal Intoxicated Crash, With Kids