Police: Nearly 2-year Hudson Valley Burglary Solved
Police say DNA found at the scene helped them solve a burglary from nearly two years ago.
On Tuesday around 8:15 a.m., members of the Kingston Police Department Detective Division arrested 58-year-old George W. Dennis III, of Kingston for burglary.
According to Kingston Police, a Main Street business was burglarized nearly two years ago. During the burglary, a door was damaged and a cash box was stolen.
An initial investigation didn’t yield any suspects. However, evidence at the scene was given to the New York State crime laboratory for examination.
The evidence examined proved that Dennis’s DNA was at the scene, police say. A further investigation alleges Dennis was responsible for the burglary.
- Resorts World Catskills To Open Early
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sleeps in Stolen Trailer Stuck in Mud
- Hudson Valley Heating Oil Company Defrauded Over 80 Customers
- Julia Roberts Continues To Be Spotted in the Hudson Valley
- Help Needed After Dog Found Abused in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Hit By 2 Cars While Walking
- Police: Man Commits Suicide on I-84
- Woman Killed in Fire At Hudson Valley Group Home
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Convinced Minors to Send Nude Photos
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley