Popular Chain Restaurant Saying No to Straws
McDonald's is becoming the first world wide restaurant chain that is saying no to plastic straws. Over the last few weeks, we have been telling you about businesses that are changing their straw policies, most going to a 'you need to ask for a straw' and you will not be automatically given one.
McDonald's in the UK and Ireland will be switching from plastic straws to paper straws. Meanwhile, McDonald's in the United States will start testing alternatives to plastic straws in their restaurants.
The reason that multiple restaurants are phasing out plastic straws is because of environmental issues, litter, lack of biodegradability and their effect on sea life.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate