Researchers Say Adulthood Doesn’t Occur Until Your Thirties
Something tells me that that this might only be true for men.
We've all been led to believe that we all become adults when we turn 18. There's not much you can't do other than drink legally. Does that mean your an adult at 21? According to research we have grown up with a flawed idea of what adulthood really is. Some researchers don't think that full adulthood occurs in our mid to late thirties.
According to The Independent, neuroscientists from The University of Cambridge believe that our brains go through serious mental developments in our mid twenties. Habits and new behaviors can occur in that time like mental disorders and addictions.
What do you think? If our brain isn't fully developed our we really adults? Are we even ourselves?
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate