Saturday Car Accident Snarls Taconic State Parkway Traffic
A car accident northbound on the Taconic State Parkway led to traffic backups for more than 50 miles on Saturday.
The incident occurred just after 1 PM north of the Salt Point Turnpike exit when a gray Saturn SUV crashed into the back of a silver sedan. One injury was reported in the car that was hit, but the driver of the SUV left on her own recognizance. The cause of the accident is to be determined.
Kudos to local first responders who were able to navigate a difficult traffic situation and be on the scene within minutes.
Along with Kaaterskill Falls, the Taconic State Parkway was named one of the nine most dangerous places in all of New York.
EDIT: An earlier version of this article listed the accident as happening at exit 115 when it happened near the Taconic exit for Route 115 which is actually exit 58.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate