Seneca Nation Ordered To Pay Over $250 Million To New York State From Casinos
The Seneca Nation is a Native American tribe in New York State.
The Buffalo News reports that the Seneca Nation has been ordered to pay $255 million to New York State. The order comes after an arbitration panel decided the tribe needs to restart quarterly payments from revenue of their casinos. The Seneca Nation has casinos in Niagara Falls, Buffalo, and Salamanca.
The arbitration panel says the Seneca Nation owes exactly $255,877,747.44. According to The Buffalo News, the Seneca Nation stopped paying the state 25% of proceeds from slot machines at the three casinos in 2018. Tribe officials say the terms of an agreement with the state does not say proceeds have to be paid at this time.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate