Should Bars Be Required To Have Breathalyzers at the Exit?
Would it be helpful to know what your alcohol level is before you left the bar?
New York has a lot of drivers on the road. Unfortunately, that means we have a high number of drivers who are operating impaired as well. Are we doing everything we can to prevent it? Should establishments that serve alcohol in high volumes bear a little bit more responsibility?
Should we do anything we can to decrease DWI numbers?
Recently, I was at a bar that had a genius idea. They had a Breathalyzer machine at the exit. You paid $.25, picked out a straw and blew into it. It would then give you a reading of your BrAc.
Will everyone participate? Probably not but if it could stop one person from getting behind the wheel when the shouldn't it's worth it.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America