Teen Struck By Vehicle in Pleasant Valley
A 13-year-old is in critical but stable condition after being struck by a vehicle Wednesday evening.
On Wednesday at approximately 5:10 p.m. a serious car-pedestrian accident occurred on State Route 44 near Clark Heights in the Town of Pleasant Valley.
An investigation has revealed that a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country operated by William Plaza, 36, of Wappingers Falls and occupied by Kataura Ross 25, of Poughkeepsie was traveling westbound on Route 44 when it struck a 13-year-old pedestrian from Pleasant Valley.
The teen suffered serious head injuries and was originally transported to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital but was later airlifted to Westchester Medical Center, and last classified as critical, but stable.
Preliminary findings reveal the actions of the pedestrian to be the primary factor in the crash, and no charges have been filed against the vehicle operator.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate