These Are The Most Popular Baby Names of 2018
The official list of the most popular baby names for last year has finally been released.
According to a press release from the Social Security Administration, the same names that topped 2017's list also top last year's list. For the second year in a row, Liam is the most popular boy name. For the fifth year in a row, Emma is the most popular girl name. Here's the full list of the top 10 most popular names for boys and girls.
Some other fun facts the Social Security Administration mention in their press release is that the Royal family and Game of Thrones influenced names a lot. Meghan was the fastest rising girls' name, climbing over 700 spots in popularity last year. Yara, as in Yara Greyjoy from Game of Thrones, also became a popular name, going up 314 spots.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate