Think the Snow is Bad Here in the Hudson Valley? Check Out This House in New York State!
While this winter hasn't been too bad so far in the Hudson Valley, the forecast is calling for a moderate accumulation of snowfall Sunday night into Monday. But other parts of New York state are having it much worse. Imagine if your entire home was entombed in a sheet of ice?
That's what one woman saw when she pulled up to her property on Lake Ontario earlier this week. A combination of strong winds and huge waves off the lake crashed up against the camp area, causing the home to be frozen solid in feet of ice. In fact, CNY Central says the waves were so high the roof line of the house was just a few feet above ground level.
The stacked layer of ice has even blocked the view of Lake Ontario completely.
The really sad part is to think what will happen to the homes when all the ice starts to melt.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate