Traffic Snarls After Car Hits Bear on Route 17 Wednesday Morning
An accident involving a bear has brought traffic to a crawl on Wednesday morning.
Hudson Valley traffic reporter, Nancy Reamy, says the bear was hit on Route 17 in Orange County. While it's unusual to see bears in the more populated areas in the Hudson Valley, this is a good reminder that they do live here in the Hudson Valley. With the weather warming up, it's once again time to be on alert and watch out for bears on the road.
This morning's incident happened on the eastbound side of Route 17 near Exit 127. The crash has caused some serious backups this morning that have also spilled over to Greycourt Road in Chester.
Crews are at the scene and will be working to get traffic up and running soon. For up to the minute traffic information and alerts, make sure to download the free WCZX app and stay tuned for more live traffic reports throughout the morning.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash