Ulster County Animal Rescue Saves Dog in Guatemala
An Ulster County animal rescue recently helped with the recovery of a dog from Guatemala.
According to a press release, the newly opened Ulster County Canines in Saugerties assisted in helping a dog named Mami in Guatemala. The Mayan Dog Rescue connected with Ulster County Canines through a follower of both rescues and notified them of Mami who was starving and wandering the streets.
On October 13th, Mami hopped on a plane and headed to New York. Mami, the 5-year-old bully mix is now in the Hudson Valley resting comfortably and cozying up to her new friends at UCC.
If you're interested in meeting Mami and other adoptable pets visit or donating to the UCC visit their website UlsterCountyCanines.com.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate