WHOA: Meteor Reported Over New York, Northeast Late Wednesday [VIDEO]
Did anyone see it? Hundreds of reports came in late Wednesday of a bright fireball in the night sky. NJ.com is reporting that over two hundred reports were reported to the American Meteor Society about a bright light that blazed across the night sky over the northeastern United States around 11 p.m.
Reports came in from New York, as well as a number of states such as New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia.
People took to social media to share pictures and video of the light that was said to be greenish with sparkling edges.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate