Winter May Be Over in the Hudson Valley, Though One NY Town Got Nearly A Foot of Snow
Mother Nature had her own way of pulling an April Fool's prank on one part of the state Monday. And by prank, we're talking about almost a foot of snow.
NY Upstate is reporting that Lake Effect snow blasted parts of Oneida County where both Verona Beach and Durhamville picked up 11.4 inches of snow. Of course, this kind of snow isn't unusual in the western and central parts of New York state this time of year.
In fact, according to CNY Central, Syracuse has received as much as 4.4 inches of snow as late as May 11, so folks in that part of state aren't putting their snow boots away just yet.
The Hudson Valley region isn't immune to April snow , as we saw in 2018. The good news however is that we're expected to totally miss the approaching coastal Nor'easter that will impact parts of New England by Wednesday.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate